Medical Administrative Assistant / Office Management
100% Online Education Program -- Includes Medical Billing and Coding
Medical billers and certified professional coders routinely find jobs working with medical records and documents in hospitals, insurance offices, medical practices and other healthcare businesses.
Exceptional Training on Your Own Computer
The Newbridge College Medical Administrative Assistant / Office Management program is a 100% online college training course designed to teach the career-skills needed to begin working with medical records and similar documents. This 40-week accredited program offers the same level of education and training you would receive in a traditional campus-based classroom - with the advantages you get from an online program.
The Newbridge College Online Learning Advantage:
- Class lectures are available online 24/7 - so you can attend classes on your schedule.
- Study wherever you want: from your office, at home or anywhere else you can connect to the Internet.
- Join study groups and interact with instructors and classmates via chat groups and online forums.
- Contact your instructor via email or telephone for one-on-one help and support.
Online Program Information and Course Description
Medical Billing & Coding, Medical Office Administration, Patient Record Keeping and More
The Medical Administrative Assistant / Office Management online training program provides the education needed to begin working with medical and health care insurance records and take the examination to become a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
During the course of the program, students learn medical office administration skills, how to work with patient records, medical billing and coding procedures, health care insurance claim processing and account billing and collections. Additional topics include workers compensation, personal injury, Medicare, Medi-Cal, HIPAA, CMS and OSHA regulations and procedures.
This program meets the academic requirements for the AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam.
Courses Included in this Program:
- Medical Front Office Administration
- Medical Coding - Diagnostic
- Medical Coding - Procedures
- Medical Insurance Reimbursement
- Pathophysiology and Pharmacology
- Medical Collections
- Electronic Health Records / Computerized Medical Billing
- Hospital and Dental Billing / Career Services
- Law and Ethics/HIPPA & Information Technology
- Medical Terminology / Anatomy & Physiology
Students must successfully complete all courses in order to complete the program. Graduates earn a diploma upon successful completion and are eligible to take the examination to become a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), the nationally-recognized standard awarded by AAPC, the largest organization of its kind in the U.S.
Career Opportunities and Job Outlook
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth in the health care industry is expected to continue to grow in order to meet the needs of our population. The employment outllok for medical billers, coders, and other health information technicians with the appropriate level of training is expected to expand between 21% - 26% through 2020, much faster than average for all occupations nationwide.*
For more information regarding graduation rates, gainful employment information and other important information, please visit www.newbridgecollege.edu/disclosures.htm.
*Growth figures represent a ten-year period ending 2020. Source: "National Industry-Occupation Employment Matrix," a publication of the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.